Recipe by French Tart
Picnic like the French with a perfectly ripe Camembert, some garlicky sausage and a fresh, crusty baguette - eh voila! No need to go outside for a picnic, if the weather is inclement; enjoy a picnic in your kitchen at the kitchen table, or use the cheese platter as a centrepiece for parties, fêtes, cocktails or social gatherings! Lay a tartan rug on the table and use wicker baskets or a hamper if you wish...........be as "rustique" or as "chic" as you want to be! Great for Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year, as well as for a summer picnics of course!
Top Review by Chef floWer
Wonderful picnic arrangement French Tart! I wanted to cheer Little Miss (DD) up and I know she loves picnic's, so after school we went and purchased the ingredients and made this for an early dinner. I had to substitute the garlic sausage to Kabana (One of Little Miss' favorite deli sausage). I also used Recipe #291528 and lactose free dairy spread. We laid a picnic rug under the veranda (grass was to wet) and spend about three hours enjoying the picnic and each others company. Thank you French Tart for a relaxing recipe
- camembert cheese (A whole Camembert)
- french garlic sausage (A whole Saucisson)
- 1 bunch of fresh radish, trimmed and washed
- 1 (225 g) packageof vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 (450 g) bag grapes or 1 (450 g) bag fresh fruit, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Inside: Arrange the cheese, saucisson, tomatoes, radishes, fruit and accompaniments on plates, wooden boards or platters; or, arrange them in picnic or sandwich boxes in a wicker hamper! Cut the bread and set out the butter. Have plates, napkins and cutlery at the ready. Serve with a bottle of dry southern French rosé or a glass of sparkling Normandy cider.
- Outside: Pack up the Camembert, saucisson, radishes, tomatoes, cherries and wine in a cool bag. Put the baguette in a separate bag. Don’t forget plates, glasses, napkins a couple of sharp knives and a corkscrew. Find a good picnic spot. Slice the sausage and cut the Camembert into wedges. Tear off a hunk of baguette and eat with the cheese, fruit, vegetables and all the other accompaniments!