1/1 Photo of An Enjoyable Stuffing
weekend cooker's Note:
Stuffing includes rice, chicken broth, and vegetables. Got the recipe from my sister but tweaked it a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chicken broth (Campbell's)
- 1Prepare and cook rice according to package directions.
- 2In a large skillet, melt butter, and saute celery,onion, bell pepper,carrot, and walnuts.
- 3Stir in cayenne pepper.
- 4Prepare chicken stuffing acording to package directions.
- 5In a large bowl, combine rice, celery-carrot mixture, egg, and prepared stuffing mix.
- 6Fold in chicken broth.
- 7Spoon mixture into a buttered 3 quart baking dish.
- 8Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for An Enjoyable Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.9
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 997.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend