Recipe by chiclet
I am posting this "recipe" because I somehow managed to live 24 years before I discovered what a wonderful addition avocados are to a sandwich. This is a quick, simple, satisfying sandwich for a hot summer day...or any other kind of day for that matter! Because there are so few ingredients, the quality of your bread and produce will affect the quality of the sandwich, so use good stuff :)
Top Review by KitchenCoquette
This is a wonderful sandwich, which has become a staple at our house with a couple of modifications: I never even noticed the turkey so I don't add that. I use sourdough bread, toast the bread, then apply a garlic rub. Then I put the sandwich tomato side up if making it for the next day's lunch. Its a wonderful way to add fruit into your diet. The picky teenage girl of the house even likes it enough to put the effort into making it, not that there's a lot of work but for her...
- 2 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 3 slice Lightlife turkey slices (or tofurkey...or real turkey if that's your thing)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tofurkey (or turkey) slices on one slice of toasted bread.
- Place tomato slices on top of tofurkey, and sprinkle salt and pepper on them.
- Put the avocado slices on top of the tomato and put the other slice of toast on top.
- Cut in half, eat with fresh melon, and marvel at the glorious simplicity of summer food!