1/1 Photo of An Actual Banana Split Cake
1 hr 30 mins
red and white kitchen's Note:
Four layer Banana cake from scratch, fresh strawberries, sweetened whip cream, pineapple,peanuts,and fudge ice cream topping. Lots of steps but Really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 medium plus 1 more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in juice- drain well
- 1 (11 ounce) jar chocolate fudge topping
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1BANANA LAYER CAKE:.
- 2Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- 3Mix flour, sugar, baking powder. baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- 4Add to flour mixture banana, buttermilk, shortening, eggs and vanilla.Beat on medium speed 3 minutes.
- 5Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 7Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.
- 8Finish cooling completely.
- 9Using a long serrated knife, cut each layer of cake in half. Set aside.
- 10SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM:.
- 11In a chilled mixing bowl (clean and free of any grease) combine 1 cup whipping cream and 1 tablespoon sugar. Beat with chilled beaters of mixer on low to medium speed until soft peaks form (tips will curl). Do not over beat.
- 12Divide whipped cream in half. Fold strawberries into one half and drained pineapple into the other half.
- 13Heat and stir fudge over low heat until just warm.
- 15Place 1st layer of cake on platter, top with strawberry cream spreading to the edge.
- 16Place 2nd layer on top of 1st. Spread 1/2 of warm fudge,let some of it drizzle down the sides. Sprinkle with 1/2 of peanuts.
- 17Place 3rd layer on top of 2nd. Top with pineapple cream spreading to edge.
- 18Place 4th layer on top of 3rd. Spread remaining warm fudge over, again letting some drizzle down sides. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Garnish with last banana sliced.
- 19Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for An Actual Banana Split Cake
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.8
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 514.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 60.6 g
- Protein 10.5 g