Panda Rose's Note:
This is my fall back dessert. My Mum brought the recipe back from Canada when she and Dad lived there before I was born. I don't make this very often as it is quite rich, but, oh so yummy. I also usually make 2 as it freezes so well without the topping. And then I put a seasonal fruit topping of my choice when it has defrosted. Sometimes I use digestive biscuits for the base, and sometimes chocolate chip or even ginger biscuits. You can ring the changes, it's all good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush biscuits and add melted butter.
- 2Mix together till all crumbs are coated with the butter and put into an 8-inch loose bottom tin. Press down and a little up the sides.
- 3Put into the fridge to set whilst you make the cake.
- 4Place cream cheese into a bowl and beat for a minute or two to soften and smooth it. Add the whole can of condensed milk and beat it.
- 5Then add the lemon juice and beat that inches You will notice that it is beginning to thicken at this point. Have a little taste to see that it is lemony enough.
- 6Pour the rest over the base and leave to set.
- 7For the topping.
- 8Either put fresh fruit straight on the top or.
- 9Gently poach a little fruit e.g. blueberries or raspberries in a little water (sugar to taste).
- 10Place the fruit on the cake.
- 11Add the cornflour to the remaining juices to thicken slightly and then use to glaze your fruit giving a nice shine.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Uncooked Easy Peasy Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.6
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 284.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon juice