Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my own recipe for hamburgers... and don't we all think that our own hamburger recipe is the best? :) These do have a little kick, but even my toddler loves them. If you use fatty hamburger, you may not need the egg to hold them together. The oatmeal can be left out if desired, but you really won't notice it in there-- I originally added it as a way to sneak a little more oatmeal into my husband's diet. I like to top mine with steak sauce and sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 6 hamburger buns, for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together thoroughly and form into six hamburger patties.
- Cook as desired on grill or stovetop. (I usually cook mine on an indoor grill for about 5 minutes per side.).
These burgers were the best ever! My whole family loved them, I grilled up some onions and put swiss cheese on top! Yummy ! Thanks
Made this with PaulaG's Onion Seasoning Mix (Recipe 89857). Juicy, spicy and excellent!
well this review is MORE than a year late.. I don't know why I have not reviewed before now but think it might of been because back then as a "new" member I didn't because I substituted bread crumbs because I had no oatmeal ANYWAY GREAT burgers.. I've made these so many times that I now just do from look and memory (the page I printed is pretty yucky) and use my own homemade onion soup mix but do try these if you like a good burger with a bit of a bite you back thing.. since I've made these both ways and enjoy both you can use either the oats or the crumbs and not worry about being disappointed..