Recipe by Omaha Amy
After having several different versions of Chicken Chili, I came up with this using all of my favorite ingredients. It's very spicy and delicious! It even gets better after a day or two in the fridge---yummy! :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning, I use one regular and one hot
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (ro-tel)
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Fritos corn chips, for garnish (optional)
- shredded cheese, for garnish (optional)
- sour cream (to garnish) (optional)
- avocado (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven or soup pot.
- Stir in chicken, onion and garlic. Stir occasionally until chicken is no longer pink and onions are soft.
- Stir in green chilies and both envelopes of taco seasoning. Stirring to coat everything.
- Next, add tomatoes, beans and broth, stirring everything together.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- This is absolutely delicious with shredded mexican style cheese and sliced avocado on top.