1 hr 5 mins
Omaha Amy's Note:
After having several different versions of Chicken Chili, I came up with this using all of my favorite ingredients. It's very spicy and delicious! It even gets better after a day or two in the fridge---yummy! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning, I use one regular and one hot
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (ro-tel)
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Fritos corn chips, for garnish (optional)
- shredded cheese, for garnish (optional)
- sour cream (to garnish) (optional)
- avocado (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Heat olive oil in dutch oven or soup pot.
- 2Stir in chicken, onion and garlic. Stir occasionally until chicken is no longer pink and onions are soft.
- 3Stir in green chilies and both envelopes of taco seasoning. Stirring to coat everything.
- 4Next, add tomatoes, beans and broth, stirring everything together.
- 5Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6This is absolutely delicious with shredded mexican style cheese and sliced avocado on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Spicy Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 1320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 63.1 g