Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love raspberries and enjoy finding recipes to use them any way I can. This one is a VERY tweaked recipe that has become one of my favorites. This can also be made with blueberry or cherry jam. They're so quick because I use a sugar cookie mix, but you could make them from scratch.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (1 lb) container cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup seedless sugar-free raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine cookie mix, oil, egg, and water. Fold in the white chocolate chips and press into the bottom of the pan. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 10 minutes, and cool completely.
- Microwave the frosting for about 10 seconds to soften and stir in the milk. Spread on the cooled bars.
- Drop the jam by spoonfuls onto the frosting and swirl with a knife.
- Allow frosting to firm before cutting.
I really liked these cookies. As MuffinGoddes said, they are really sweet, but really sweet can be a really good thing every now and then. They were simple to make and cooked up fine. I only had vanilla frosting so that is what I used. Amy, thanks so much, they are as sweet as you!!
I loved these! I must add this disclaimer: if you don't like extremely sweet desserts, this recipe will probably not appeal to you. That being said, I loved these because they reminded me of the awesome giant frosted sugar cookies that I get once in a while at the local Market Basket bakery. They're tooth-achingly sweet, but I adore them. If you are a frosting lover like me, you will really like these. The jam cuts the sweetness of the cookie base and the frosting just a bit, so it's a nice touch. I made these with blueberry jam this time, so I'll have to try the raspberry next time (the blueberry jam was pretty good, though). This was so easy and quick to make, too. This may not be for everyone, but I highly recommend it to any frosting lover! Thanks for posting! :)