Recipe by Chef Mommy of five boys
This recipe came from our cousin and was a huge hit with the kids. It can be modified to take out meat or add sausage. Can also add more tomato sauce if you like it saucier.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (cut small)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 400 degrees.
- 9x13 casserole dish.
- Put olive oil, garlic and onions in pan and sautee.
- Add hamburger and brown.
- Add everything else except cheeses and noodles and bring to a boil.
- Cook lasagna noodles al dente.
- Lightly cover the bottom of baking dish with sauce, then layer noodles, ricotta, mixed cheeses, sauce, and then layer one more time.
- Heat in oven for 20-25 minutes and serve.