Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fantastic blend of fruit and feta cheese tops off this tossed salad, making it perfect for summer barbecues!
- 3 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (to taste)
- Place the chicken breasts and Italian dressing onto a resealable plastic bag. Mix together to coat the chicken with the dressing, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center, or to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), about 3 minutes per side. Set aside to cool while preparing the ingredients for salad, then dice.
- Toss the diced apple with the lemon juice in a large mixing bowl until well coated; drain and discard any excess lemon juice. Place the lettuce into the mixing bowl, then sprinkle with the diced chicken, avocado, feta cheese, strawberries, and cranberries. Gently toss the salad with the balsamic vinaigrette, and serve immediately.