Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Super easy delicious Roast Beef. We use this as sandwich meat for French dips. I cook it early in the day and put it in the fridge. I pull it out and slice for dinner. You could also use it for a traditional roast beef dinner. The use of eye of round is a must for consistency through the roast.
- 3 -5 lbs eye of round roast
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place roast on a cutting board.
- Rub Worcestershire sauce, garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper on the entire roast.
- Cover bottom of pan with 1/8 inch of water.
- Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake 15 minutes per pound.
So delicious and simple prep. I had a bottom round roast and made this in the slow cooker. I used 2T light brown sugar and added a small amount of water to the bottom of the crock pot. It was amazing. Served with my pumpkin casserole. Thanks for sharing.
Made this today for 5 adults along with your special (and separately posted) Au Jus - everyone raved.. This is a REALLY good seasoning concoction for beef, and the house smelled fantastic whilst roasting.. I will be using this recipe exclusively from now on for our French Dip roasts.. thanks Amy for posting, and congrats on making Chef of the Day.