Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Plain and simple.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape into a ball and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve with assorted crackers or veggies.
This made a pretty and tasty cheeseball. I used Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix instead of the dressing mix (couldn't remember which was in the recipe and guessed at the grocery store) and light cream cheese, and it still came out yummy. I served it for a cocktail party, but we had so much food that I had a lot left over. I'm going to serve it for some friends in a couple of nights, and will get a picture then to post. I would say that a serving should be more like 1 ounce, which would make it about 20 servings and would cut the calories dramatically.