Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
The base recipe here was given to me by a friend of mine (named Amy). I made a few alterations to lighten it up bit. I've also included variations to kick it up according to preference/allergies. Putting it here for safe-keeping. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Mix sugar and applesauce (or oil) with mixer.
- Add eggs and blend.
- Add pumpkin and blend.
- Add water and blend.
- Combine remaining ingred. in seperate bowl and add gradually.
- Fill pans equally and bake for 1 hour or until brown.
- You may omit the nuts all together.
- Glaze them or put icing on top after they have cooled.
- You may add nuts to the batter & use a stressal-type topping (added before baking to give them a nicer appearance and more of a crunch.
- (I've tried all varieties and they were all a hit).