Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my personal version of meatballs, used for meatball subs. I am writing it out here just to check the nutritional information. I serve these meatballs & sauce on hoagie buns with provolone cheese.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes & sauce. Form into meatballs. Cook in microwave or on stovetop until cooked through. Pour meatballs into crockpot, cover with sauce and undrained tomatoes, and cook on low until warmed through.