Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
YUM!!! This is the best soup ever!!!!
- 5 medium russet potatoes, baked and scooped out of skins
- 3 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 5 baby carrots, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 ounces crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pot, sautee onion, carrot, and celery in the butter and olive oil, until tender.
- Pour in chicken stock, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- In another small pot, pour in milk, half & half, and flour. Bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Put in garlic powder & pepper, and stir to incorporate.
- Pour in cheeses slowly, stirring until melted.
- Pour all into bigger pot with the chicken stock.
- Slowly add potatoes and bacon bits.
- Add tabasco sauce (optional).
- Stir until all mixed.
- Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add fresh parsley, and stir.
I have searched and searched for a potato soup recipe that came close to the one served at Chili's, and this is it! I made a few tweaks: I added 2 tsp salt and about 3 tbsp corn starch to thicken it up a bit. SO good.