Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
YUM!!! This is the best soup ever!!!!
Make and share this Amy's Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 medium russet potatoes, baked and scooped out of skins
- 3 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 5 baby carrots, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 ounces crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pot, sautee onion, carrot, and celery in the butter and olive oil, until tender.
- Pour in chicken stock, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- In another small pot, pour in milk, half & half, and flour. Bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Put in garlic powder & pepper, and stir to incorporate.
- Pour in cheeses slowly, stirring until melted.
- Pour all into bigger pot with the chicken stock.
- Slowly add potatoes and bacon bits.
- Add tabasco sauce (optional).
- Stir until all mixed.
- Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add fresh parsley, and stir.
I have searched and searched for a potato soup recipe that came close to the one served at Chili's, and this is it! I made a few tweaks: I added 2 tsp salt and about 3 tbsp corn starch to thicken it up a bit. SO good.