YUM!!! This is the best soup ever!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium russet potatoes, baked and scooped out of skins
- 3 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 5 baby carrots, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 ounces crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a large pot, sautee onion, carrot, and celery in the butter and olive oil, until tender.
- 2Pour in chicken stock, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- 3In another small pot, pour in milk, half & half, and flour. Bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 4Put in garlic powder & pepper, and stir to incorporate.
- 5Pour in cheeses slowly, stirring until melted.
- 6Pour all into bigger pot with the chicken stock.
- 7Slowly add potatoes and bacon bits.
- 8Add tabasco sauce (optional).
- 9Stir until all mixed.
- 10Simmer about 15 minutes.
- 11Add fresh parsley, and stir.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.4
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 879.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: