Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I added a bit to Bergy's wonderful Ginger-Lime Marinade and came up with this; a staple in our house now. The ingredient variations are used depending on how much chicken I have; usually I use this marinade with boneless chicken breasts. I would recommend grilling with mesquite (real mesquite not briquettes). El Diablo or Best of the West are great if they are available where you are.
- Put all ingredients in a large ziploc bag;
- Smash and finely chop garlic.
- Finely chop ginger, cilantro and serranos.
- Cut bunch of scallions into 1 inch pieces including an inch or two of green.
- Grate the lime zest(s) with a mini grater and juice the limes into the bag.
- Marinate for 1-6 hours or overnight .
- Grill, Baby, Grill!