1/1 Photo of Amy's Homemade All Day Spaghetti Sauce
5 hrs 30 mins
I made this up one day just experimenting. I love this sauce, and so does my family. I am guessing on the serving size, as it makes a big pot. I usually freeze the left overs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup merlot
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- salt and pepper, to taste (to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1Saute onion, garlic& carrot in olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- 2Add ground beef and brown until no longer pink.
- 3Add oregano, basil, garlic powder, parsley flakes,salt& pepper (to your liking)& worcestershire sauce.
- 4Add Merlot wine, simmer a few minutes.
- 5Add rest of ingredients and stir well.
- 6Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 5 hours stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove bay leaves.
- 8Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Homemade All Day Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 693.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 13.0 g