Recipe by Gingerbear
This recipe is delicious. I have not barbecued these but I have baked these in the oven. The flavors in this recipe are just wonderful and this is also a nice healthy and low fat recipe. The recipe is exported from Mastercook. This is a recipe that you definitely want to be sure and not overcook so the chicken stays moist and juicy. Preparation does not include marinating times.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme, minced
- 1⁄3 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1⁄3 dashes red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken breasts within a folded piece of plastic wrap; slightly flatten upper portion of each breast with the broad side of a chef's knife to promote even grilling.
- Place breasts in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- Place mustard, vinegar, garlic, honey, thyme, salt and pepper flakes in a small bowl; stir with fork to combine.
- Add oil a little at a time and whisk to combine marinade.
- Pour marinade over breasts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator, turning once or twice in marinade, for at least 2 hours, or up to 4 hours.
- Remove breasts from marinade, scraping any bits clinging to chicken back into the shallow dish.
- Transfer all marinade to small saucepan and bring to a boil; reserve.
- Lightly grease grill rack with cooking spray.
- Preheat grill.
- Place breasts on grill.
- Cook covered with lid, basting frequently with marinade, until tender, approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side.