This recipe is delicious. I have not barbecued these but I have baked these in the oven. The flavors in this recipe are just wonderful and this is also a nice healthy and low fat recipe. The recipe is exported from Mastercook. This is a recipe that you definitely want to be sure and not overcook so the chicken stays moist and juicy. Preparation does not include marinating times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/3 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme, minced
- 1/3 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/3 dashes red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1Place the chicken breasts within a folded piece of plastic wrap; slightly flatten upper portion of each breast with the broad side of a chef's knife to promote even grilling.
- 2Place breasts in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- 3Place mustard, vinegar, garlic, honey, thyme, salt and pepper flakes in a small bowl; stir with fork to combine.
- 4Add oil a little at a time and whisk to combine marinade.
- 5Pour marinade over breasts.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator, turning once or twice in marinade, for at least 2 hours, or up to 4 hours.
- 7Remove breasts from marinade, scraping any bits clinging to chicken back into the shallow dish.
- 8Transfer all marinade to small saucepan and bring to a boil; reserve.
- 9Lightly grease grill rack with cooking spray.
- 10Preheat grill.
- 11Place breasts on grill.
- 12Cook covered with lid, basting frequently with marinade, until tender, approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Grilled Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 308.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar