Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great salsa that you can make ahead of time and do not have to cook. It is an especially great summer recipe when you have a garden and is a must at all my familys parties! To make this, i used the little blender that came with my emersion blender, but if you dont have one you can use a small food processor. The salt will draw moisture out of the tomatoes, so if it bothers you you can drain it, but i dont bother.
- 10 roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed and seeded
- 1⁄4 large yellow onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cilantro (very important that it is fresh, not dried)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- In a small food processor, add onion, jalepeno and cilantro. Pulse until chopped fine.
- Add tomatoes in small batches and pulse until tomatoes are chopped to the consistency you desire.
- Pour into serving bowl and stir in kosher salt.
- If you want it hotter, dont seed the jalepeno.