Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious coffee cake made easy with yellow cake mix and yummy cinnamon swirls.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray treat bunt pan.
- Evenly spread walnuts in pan; set aside.
- In small bowl mix together cinnamon and brown sugar, set aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in mixer bowl and mix for one minute until moist.
- Scrape sides, then mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Batter will be thick.
- Spread 1/3 of cake batter in pan.
- Sprinkle half of cinnamon/brown sugar on top of cake batter.
- Spread another 1/3 layer of cake batter on top.
- Sprinkle rest of cinnamon/brown sugar on cake batter.
- Spread rest of cake batter on top of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 53-60 minutes, until done.
- Let cool on wire rack for 20 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- If desired, you can make an icing by mixing the following in bowl:.
- 1 cup sifted powered sugar.
- 2 TBS milk.
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.