Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- salt & pepper, to your liking
- 1⁄2 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- Cook egg noodles until barely tender, drain, mix with chicken and all other ingredients in a large bowl, make sure noodles are coated well. Pour mixture into greased crock pot, and cook on low for 6-10 hours.
Wow! Creamy goodness. I made this last night and ended up feeding two extra drop ins totaling 6 and everyone raved about it. I used fresh basil and added about 1/2 c chopped red bell pepper for color. Served it with garlic bread and green beans. I precooked my noodles 4 mins. I think 2 1/2 mins. would be better. I used 13 chicken tenders partially frozen chopped into thirds. Chicken was very moist. I think it could be cooked shorter, but mine turned out great. Keeper for sure. Thanks!
This was good and easy to make. I did change it up a bit. I was unsure about putting the noodles in the crock for that long so I added them the last half an hour. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the butter as I forgot. We enjoyed it but thought it was a bit too cheesy. I think next time I wouldn't add the velveeta. I also didn't cook it as long as stated as I was afraid the chicken would dry out. I only cooked mine for two hours on low and it was good.