Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the result of my own trial and error in the effort to come up with a good, homemade slaw. If it's too tangy for your liking, you can always add more sugar. I've made it with red cabbage, which was really pretty, but it didn't taste as good as the green, so I would recommend sticking with the green cabbage.
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage (5 cups shredded)
- 1 large carrot (1/2 c. shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, plus
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar, plus
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Shred 3/4 of cabbage.
- Slice remaining cabbage into ribbons and chunkier pieces (you don't want it all finely shredded).
- Peel and shred carrot.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Keep in refrigerator; the flavors will mingle and it will taste even better the next day.