Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My daughter in law is from China. She tends to cook very simply, but her results are delicious. If you are tired of macho hot buffalo wings, try this one for simplicity. Kids love this too, though I don't suppose it is any too healthy.
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 liter Coca-Cola, sugar & all. Do not use diet coke
- Scale this recipe for larger crowds.
- Rinse wings & pat dry.
- Place wings in a large wok or suitable pot.
- Cover wings with Coca Cola. A litre should cover a dozen wings.
- Bring the Coke to a boil and reduce. Reduction time depends on your stove. Expect 30 to 45 minutes.
- Toward the endof cooking, the coke will form a sweet sticky glaze for the wings.
- Reduce heat & turn the wings to coat with the glaze.
- Be careful to not burn the glaze or wings.
- Fill wok with water & soak overnight to aid in cleanup.