Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Nobody else in my family loves coconut as much as me. Coconut anything... This cake is so delicious and moist and I can't stay away from it. The cream cheese icing recipe I use to frost it is the same as some posted here.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- With a mixer on low, blend together cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, and water.
- When blended, beat for 4 minutes.
- Fold in coconut and nuts.
- Divide batter between 3 cake pans. Bake for 35 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Ice with cream cheese icing.
Wow! This was great! The pudding inside the batter made it so moist and coconut-ty. To help in the calorie department I used whip cream as icing. It was perfect for a warm summer night!
A delicous, moist cake that I'm going to rate without stars because of changes. Didn't have pudding mix so subbed cornstarch and used coconut milk for the liquid. We'll be making this one again.
Lovely, light, moist cake - thank you! My husband had two pieces and kept making "mmmmm" noises. :-)