Recipe by Aimchick
I learned to make this when i lived in Santa Cruz. It was a breakfast staple in my house for a long time. I know chillequilles is something completely different, but this is what we called it. I like to add hot sauce and black olives to this as well
Top Review by IngridH
This was really good! I love the combination of eggs, cheese, and salsa; and this one did not dissapoint. I cut the recipe in half, and it was still a huge portion for one- next time I'll only make a third. I didn't have rotel, so used the salsa option. This would also be great with green onions on top. Thanks for a great breakfast!
- 4 large corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup rotel tomatoes and green chilies or 1⁄2 cup salsa, drained
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non stick skillet, fry tortilla strips in oil and then drain on paper towels and set aside.
- beat eggs and cumin in a bowl.
- pour into skillet with tomatoes and cheese and scramble.
- when eggs are almost completely done -- add cooked tortilla strips and mix together.
- serve with a dallop of sour cream.