Recipe by justcallmetoni
I was looking for a good bar cookie to add to my cookie tray that was suitable for Redneck Epicurean who was diabetic. We were partners in a holiday cookie swap and I was in awe of her cheerfulness even when she was in tremendous pain. She loved them and in her honor I am renaming this bar for her. Combining coconuts and walnuts with a faint hint of maple really appealed to me so I decided to give it a try as well as posting here for others as well as for future reference. According to the source this bar has 126 cal., 2 g pro., 10 g carbo., 9 g fat, 27 mg chol., 141 mg sodium.
Top Review by Demandy
Tastes surprisingly good. Made with 2 T splenda, unsweetened coconut and left out the raisins to save on carbs. Didn't rise super high but has good consistency and great coconut maple flavor.
- 2 eggs
- 5 1⁄4 teaspoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, beat eggs, Splenda and maple flavoring in medium bowl. Blend in in margarine and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Stir into egg mixture. Fold in coconut, walnuts, and raisins.
- Spread batter evenly in greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.