Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from "Dining in Quarters A" Cookbook by Donna Kaup--excellent.
Make and share this Amy's Beef Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef sirloin
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chipped fresh gingerroot
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) canla choy crunchy chow mein noodles
- 1 (6 ounce) can baby corn
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- Combine broth, soy, sherry and sugar, set aside.
- Cut beef with the grain into strips.
- Place wok over med-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Turn heat to high.
- Add half the beef and onion and stir-fry until meat is lightly browned.
- Remove from wok.
- Repeat using remaining beef and onion.
- Return cooked meat to wok.
- Pour in broth mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water and gradually stir into wok.
- Cook until slightly thickened, stirring to coat meat.
- Add water chestnuts, baby corn, and broccoli.
- Serve with steamed white rice and sprinkle the noodles on top.
This was so easy, simple and delicious! I did add some slivered onions (love onions) and otherwise followed the instructions. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
Amy, wonderful stir-fry. Thanks for posting. Caroline