1/1 Photo of Amy's Beef Stir-Fry
Amy V.'s Note:
Adapted from "Dining in Quarters A" Cookbook by Donna Kaup--excellent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef sirloin
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chipped fresh gingerroot
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) can la choy crunchy chow mein noodles
- 1 (6 ounce) can baby corn
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- 1Combine broth, soy, sherry and sugar, set aside.
- 2Cut beef with the grain into strips.
- 3Place wok over med-high heat.
- 4Add 1 tbsp of oil.
- 5Add garlic and ginger.
- 6Stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- 7Turn heat to high.
- 8Add half the beef and onion and stir-fry until meat is lightly browned.
- 9Remove from wok.
- 10Repeat using remaining beef and onion.
- 11Return cooked meat to wok.
- 12Pour in broth mixture.
- 13Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 14Mix cornstarch and water and gradually stir into wok.
- 15Cook until slightly thickened, stirring to coat meat.
- 16Add water chestnuts, baby corn, and broccoli.
- 17Serve with steamed white rice and sprinkle the noodles on top.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Beef Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.4
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 489.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 45.1 g