Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this cake recipe from my grand-daughter Amy. It is very moist and damn good with a cup of coffee. Note: I reduce oil to 1/4 cup and increase apple sauce to 3/4 cup. You can also use Splenda for Baking (use 3/4 splenda for baking, instead of the 1 1/2 cups sugar).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Grease bundt pan with butter, then dust with the 1 teaspoon flour, tapping out access, and set pan aside.
- Sift the 2 cups flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt together into a large bowl.
- Add oil, applesauce, and eggs and stir until combined.
- Add apples and nuts, gently stir into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth out with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour; set cake aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completley.
- I like to make a powdered sugar glaze using Orange Juice for the liquid to go on the top of cake, Serve warm or at room temperature, Enjoy.
Made this last night, and it was good! Some things I would change though would be more chopped apples, less chopped walnuts. But other than that this cake came out perfect. I used egg whites mixed with oil instead of whole eggs, and I made the glaze with just powdered sugar mixed with a few tbsp. orange juice. Made alot of the glaze, but it sweetens the cake perfectly. Will make again, thanks!
Barb, you've done it again! Great recipe. I used Splenda with 2 tbls. brown sugar, and besides the walnuts in the cake, I lined the bottom of the bundt pan with walnut halves, for a nice topping, since I passed on the sugary glaze.