Recipe by erk2012
An unbelievably delicious breakfast casserole, very dear to the friends of Amy Otto of Lynn, MA.
- 1 tablespoon butter, to grease pan
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, chopped into little pieces
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 loaf French bread, ripped into pieces, yielding about 3 cups
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9.5 x 11 in baking dish.
- Mix together cheddar, tomatoes, sausage, onion flakes, basil, garlic powder and oregano, and dump into baking dish. Add french bread pieces.
- Beat eggs and mix in cream and salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over ingredients in baking dish. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.