Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friends and family request this often...even those who don't like meatloaf! Sometimes I put minced carrot or rutabaga in for extra texture if I have some in the fridge. I serve it with mashed potatoes with the skins left on and corn. Comfort food at it's comfiest! Use 1 lb. ground turkey to make it a lighter dish, your family won't even know! I also use my stand up mixer to save on time and mess in the kitchen.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 slices bread, cut into small pieces (do not use fresh bread)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup steak sauce, reserve 2-3 tbs for top of loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Place in loaf pan or use muffin tins for mini-meatloafs.
- Smooth down top and add remaining steak sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about an hour.