Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Amy Vanderbilt cookbook posted to www.dgustibus.com
Make and share this Amy Vanderbilt's Summer Pear Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare your favorite pastry. Roll out half of it and line a 9 inch plate. Heat oven to hot [425F].
- Combine the first ingredients to salt [sugar to salt] Mix.
- Sprinkle over pears in bowl. toss lightly to coat.
- Pour pear mix into pie pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice and then peel. Add dabs of butter.
- Roll out remaining half of pastry. Gash with decorative slits. Place over pie. Trim and seal. Flute or crimp edges.
- Bake at 40 to 45 minutes or until pastry on top is golden and done. Serve slightly warm [vanilla ice cream anyone or as Amy recommends a very good cheese?]
- Makes six servings.