Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Amy Vanderbilt Cookbook, posted to www.dgustibus.com
Make and share this Amy Vanderbilt's Honey Cream Peach Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare your pastry, line a 9 inch pie shell with it. sprinkle bottom evenly with 1 tbsp of sugar and 1 tbsp flour.
- Preheat oven 425F.
- Combine remaining sugar and flour, stir in honey and cream, mixing until smooth.
- Pour over preaches. Mix gently to coat. DO NOT BREAK THEM. GENTLY.
- Spoon gently into the pastry shell. Sprinkle with ginger and nutmeg. Dot with butter.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the pastry is done and the preaches are tender and top is brown.
- Serves 6.
****TYPO ERROR ...use 1/2 tsp powdered ginger....not a 1/2 cup Boy hope no one tried that! It makes a yummy pie....I have had this recipe long before internet because I have the cookbook...always get compliments. Often use white peaches and use a little less sugar as I prefer less sweet for my food and tastes.