Prep 25 mins
Cook 11 hrs
This is a fantastic recipe. I reworked a bunch of recipes to make this one it's a sin it's so good. Even though it is in a springform pan and is not a refrigerator cheesecake it is so worth the extra effort. Plus it's pretty easy to prepare and looks gorgeous.
for the crust
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (i make my own but the boxed ones work great)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup real butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon salt
for the filling
- 9 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 ounces sour cream (I like Daisy)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
for the topping
- 15 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- first preheat the oven to 400°F
- Then to make the crust in a large mixing bowl add the crumbs, sugar, melted butter, salt and sugar mix til this is well moistened and crumbs stick to together. Press into a medium springform pan that has had the bottom and sides well greased. Cook for 9 to 11 minutes until crust is golden brown. Take out and set aside to cool.
- Turn oven down to 350°F
- When ready to make filling, mix the cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, and granulated sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs one at a time til well incorporated.
- Add the sour cream mix well and pour into cooled crust in springform pan.
- Bake for 52 to 60 minutes til cheesecake is cooked through and tests clean with a toothpick. Let cool for 5 minutes while you mix the sweetened condensed milk and sugar together. Pour on top of cooked cheesecake this will form an extra layer of goodness to your home style cheesecake. Place back in oven for 9 to 15 additional minutes til done.
- When it is done before you pop the latch on the pan, let cool about 15 minutes so it comes out in one piece and the cheesecake has time to set up.
- You can can top with cherries, blueberries or strawberries or plain is just wonderful. I hope you like it!