Recipe by anonymous
Sinfully delicious! Visited Boston and adapted a recipe that I ordered that was not your standard boxed mac & cheese!
Top Review by Trish's Dishes
This is delicious. Being me I changed a few things. Added McCormick's Tuscan Spice (my new favorite) I used sharp cheddar, colby and Velveeta because that is what I had in the house. Added parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs and smoked paprika. This is a great recipe. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 lb pasta, cook almost through (I used penne pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cheese (I used 2/3 of a brick of 16 oz of both Montery Jack & Sharp Cheddar, break into chunks)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta--half way through prepare sauce below.
- Simmer butter, flour.
- Add milk until slightly bubbly.
- IMPORTANT!--Remove from heat--add cheese. Mix cheese but do NOT completely melt (will be too thick). Unmelted chunks will melt in oven.
- Add beaten eggs and salt and mix.
- Put pasta in casserole dish and pour mixture over, and stir.
- Add ½ cup bread crumbs on top of casserole (I used Italian Style). Sprinkle plenty of Paprika, on top.
- Bake covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and put under broiler to brown top.
- ***(Leftover Option: (fried mac & cheese)***.
- Cut into squares and coat with breadcrumbs. Sauté/fry in skillet (oil).
- OK-didn't say it was healthy, but good!