1/2 Photos of Am's Boston Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Sinfully delicious! Visited Boston and adapted a recipe that I ordered that was not your standard boxed mac & cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta--half way through prepare sauce below.
- 2Simmer butter, flour.
- 3Add milk until slightly bubbly.
- 4IMPORTANT!--Remove from heat--add cheese. Mix cheese but do NOT completely melt (will be too thick). Unmelted chunks will melt in oven.
- 5Add beaten eggs and salt and mix.
- 6Put pasta in casserole dish and pour mixture over, and stir.
- 7Add ½ cup bread crumbs on top of casserole (I used Italian Style). Sprinkle plenty of Paprika, on top.
- 8Bake covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and put under broiler to brown top.
- 9***(Leftover Option: (fried mac & cheese)***.
- 10Cut into squares and coat with breadcrumbs. Sauté/fry in skillet (oil).
- 11OK-didn't say it was healthy, but good!
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Am's Boston Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.0 mg
- Sodium 881.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 20.9 g