Sinfully delicious! Visited Boston and adapted a recipe that I ordered that was not your standard boxed mac & cheese!
- Cook pasta--half way through prepare sauce below.
- Simmer butter, flour.
- Add milk until slightly bubbly.
- IMPORTANT!--Remove from heat--add cheese. Mix cheese but do NOT completely melt (will be too thick). Unmelted chunks will melt in oven.
- Add beaten eggs and salt and mix.
- Put pasta in casserole dish and pour mixture over, and stir.
- Add ½ cup bread crumbs on top of casserole (I used Italian Style). Sprinkle plenty of Paprika, on top.
- Bake covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and put under broiler to brown top.
- ***(Leftover Option: (fried mac & cheese)***.
- Cut into squares and coat with breadcrumbs. Sauté/fry in skillet (oil).
- OK-didn't say it was healthy, but good!