Prep 43 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a dish from punjab, India, and is sold in streets corner in Amritsar. do not forget to squeeze lemon juice before eating. Try with mint-cilantro chutney.
- 8 pieces fish fillets (medium size, any kind for frying)
- 200 g gram flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon ajwain
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 110 g yogurt (whole milk)
- chat masala (optional)
- Clean, wash and cut fish into one and a half inch size cubes.
- Apply salt, lime juice, Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste and red chili powder.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Make a batter of gram flour, Yogurt, egg, ajwain, salt and water.
- Keep the already marinated fish pieces dipped in this batter for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai/Wok and deep fry the fish till golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot sprinkled with chaat masala and lemon wedges.
I made this last night. We loved it.
i knew this receipe & taught my wife the same now she boasts around in her relatives & friends that she makes the best fish amritsari
The Best appetizer ever! Both of u my brothers should make it for your ONLY SISTER! Love you!