Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
New Delhi Restaurant Quality. This recipe was given to me by a wonderful lady who recently received an e-mail from Mughlai Ka Mood restaurant in New Delhi telling her they are using her recipe.
- 236.59 ml chickpeas ('Safed' or white chole or Chole)
- 9.85 ml instant tea powder or 3 tea bags
- 4-6 piece black cardamom pods (Moti Ilaichi)
- salt (half black salt, half white salt, remember in this recipe whenever you use salt, make sure you use )
- 6 cloves
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml jeera powder
- 4.92 ml saboot dhania patta (whole coriander seeds)
- 9.85 ml pomegranate seeds (Anardana)
- 1-2 green chili, finely chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ginger, finely chopped
- 9.85-14.78 ml coriander, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped (set aside 1/2)
- 2.46 ml mango powder (aamchur)
- 14.79 ml garam masala
- red chile
- 9.85 ml dried coriander
- 29.58 ml any cooking oil
- 2 bay leaves (set aside)
- 2.46 ml cumin seed (set aside)
- Powder of Dry Masala : In a pan, roast all dry masala (Clove, cinnamon powder, Black Pepper, tsp Jeera, Whole corriander seeds, Anardana (Pomegranate seeds).
- Chole: In a big bowl, add water, Chole and Soak over night.
- Next morning in that same water drop a pouch of tea leaves or tea bags, salt mixture, cloves and black cardamom (moti elaichi) and boil till it becomes soft.
- If your cooker is from India you can let it go until 15 whistles. If u bought it from USA, then after one whistle lower the heat and cook it for about 35 minutes and check after that if its done.
- When cooked discard the tea leaves pouch and water if you have plenty of that. Keep one small cup of this water which we can call chole stock.
- In a big pan put boiled chole and add dry masala rough powder and "other masale" except onions, bay leaves, & cumin seeds. Mix it well.
- In a separate pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, bay leaves, and onions and fry it till golden brown now add chole and chole stock and cook for 10 minutes. While cooking mash some of chole with masher to mix all the masale well.