24 hrs 50 mins
New Delhi Restaurant Quality. This recipe was given to me by a wonderful lady who recently received an e-mail from Mughlai Ka Mood restaurant in New Delhi telling her they are using her recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chickpeas ('Safed' or white chole or Chole)
- 2 teaspoons instant tea powder or 3 tea bags
- 4 -6 pieces black cardamom pods (Moti Ilaichi)
- salt (half black salt, half white salt, remember in this recipe whenever you use salt, make sure you use )
- 6 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon saboot dhania patta (whole coriander seeds)
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate seeds (Anardana)
- 1 -2 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ginger, finely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped (set aside 1/2)
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder (aamchur)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- red chile
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander
- 2 tablespoons any cooking oil
- 2 bay leaves (set aside)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (set aside)
- 1Powder of Dry Masala : In a pan, roast all dry masala (Clove, cinnamon powder, Black Pepper, tsp Jeera, Whole corriander seeds, Anardana (Pomegranate seeds).
- 2Chole: In a big bowl, add water, Chole and Soak over night.
- 3Next morning in that same water drop a pouch of tea leaves or tea bags, salt mixture, cloves and black cardamom (moti elaichi) and boil till it becomes soft.
- 4If your cooker is from India you can let it go until 15 whistles. If u bought it from USA, then after one whistle lower the heat and cook it for about 35 minutes and check after that if its done.
- 5When cooked discard the tea leaves pouch and water if you have plenty of that. Keep one small cup of this water which we can call chole stock.
- 6In a big pan put boiled chole and add dry masala rough powder and "other masale" except onions, bay leaves, & cumin seeds. Mix it well.
- 7In a separate pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, bay leaves, and onions and fry it till golden brown now add chole and chole stock and cook for 10 minutes. While cooking mash some of chole with masher to mix all the masale well.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amritsari Chole-For "chole Bhatura" Delhi Style
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black cardamom pods