Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 17 mins
This looked amazing, however I have to admit I haven't tried it. Got it from canadianliving.com
Make and share this Amond Chocolate Rugalach Rollups recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 lb light cream cheese, cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, cut in chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons splenda no calorie artificial sweetener, Granular
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute, brand brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup blanched slivered almond (sliced or whole blanched almonds can be substituted)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Dough: In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine cream cheese, margarine, flour and SPLENDA® Granulated. Process until the dough forms a ball on the blades, about 18 to 20 seconds. Remove the dough from the bowl and set aside. There's no need to chill the dough or wash out the bowl before preparing the filling.
- Filling: Process SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, cinnamon, chocolate chips and almonds until finely chopped in food processor, about 25 to 30 seconds.
- Assembly: Divide the dough in two equal pieces; flour each piece lightly. Roll out one piece of dough on a lightly floured board into a rectangle approximately.
- 12” x 7” (30 cm x 18 cm). Sprinkle the dough with half the filling. Roll up the dough from the long side to form a jelly roll, making sure it is seam-side down. Slice into 1-inch pieces. Place the sides on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Optional: Turn the slices over so they make a pinwheel shape and press slightly to flatten.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned. These freeze well.