Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Amogio is a traditional Sicilian sauce and marinade used to accompany chicken, fish, and pasta. It's light and tangy - easy to make and freezes well so your family can always have some on hand.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots or 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingridients in medium sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately over pasta or meat as a sauce, or let stand for 30 minutes to cool before using as a marinade.