Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ammo Restaurant - Hollywood, California
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- infused oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray 5 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the water, honey and 1 tablespoon salt in a medium-size bowl and mix until the salt is dissolved.
- Place the flour in the bowl of a mixer and, beating at low speed, slowly add the water mixture until a dough forms that pulls away from the sides of the bowl, forming into a ball. The dough will be sticky.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface 1 minute. Divide the dough into pieces small enough to fit your pasta machine. Dust both sides of the dough with flour. Start by running one piece of dough through the machine at its widest setting, then repeat, narrowing the setting each time, ending with the next-to-the-narrowest setting. You'll have a long dough strip when you're done that's as thin as fresh pasta. Place the dough strip on one of the prepared baking sheets. Repeat this step with each of the remaining pieces of dough. Some of the dough may tear or become too thin, but you should end up with about 15 long, thin pieces on the baking sheets.
- Brush the dough with the Infused Oil, sprinkle each with salt and pepper to taste, and then with the pepper flakes, oregano and cheese.
- Bake the crackers until browned and crisp, 6 to 10 minutes. Cool them on racks, then break into pieces and serve.