Recipe by riffraff
This is an old Sicilian sauce/condiment/marinade. Baste meat on the grill with a brush made of basil or rosemary. Use it as a massage oil, lol. Best in Summer when the basil is going crazy and the tomatoes are breaking the branches. Still heaven with canned tomatoes.
- 2 -3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put on an apron, this is messy.
- In a mortor and pestle pound garlic and salt together till it is almost a liquid.
- Add basil and peppercorns and continue to pound.
- Add tomatoes and pound.
- Use in any number of ways.
- Put this on pasta or marinade a steak or chicken with it, basting all the while.
- Spoon on top of grilled eggplant or zucchini.