Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A quick deliciously moist "staple". A favorite basic coffee cake for breakfast or snacks. I think you'll agree!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces walnuts
- Cream together the first 2 ingredients and.
- Add eggs, sour cream.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and gradually add to liquid mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour 1/2 batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Spread 1/2 of topping mixture and cover with rest of batter and topping to finish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool and dust with icing sugar.
I found that this recipe needed the addition of 1/2 cup of milk, but it was easy to make. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I have used this recipe for years, however I do not dust with icing sugar and I do not use white sugar in the topping, I use dark brown.