Recipe by IngridH
My coworker, Amit, brings this curry to all of our potlucks, and it disappears immediately. I was lucky enough to get the recipe from his wife.
Top Review by **Jubes**
This really is a lovely curry dish- I cut back on the oil a little and added some water at the end to thin down a little. Otherwise made as written. Lovely flavours and a nice spicey rich sauce for paneer. Reviewed for ZWT8 tour of India. Photo also to be posted
- 1 lb panir or 1 lb cottage cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, cored seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, make a paste of the onion and tomato.
- Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, then add the tomato mixture, and cook until it starts to separate.
- Add salt, chili powder, turmeric, cinnamon and cloves, cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer.
- In a blender, process the cashews and cream to make a paste.
- Add the mixture in the skillet and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Cut paneer into small pieces, and add to the curry mixture, let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.