1/3 Photos of Amit's Amazing Curry
My coworker, Amit, brings this curry to all of our potlucks, and it disappears immediately. I was lucky enough to get the recipe from his wife.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb panir or 1 lb cottage cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, cored seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1In a blender, make a paste of the onion and tomato.
- 2Add the ginger garlic paste.
- 3Heat the oil in a skillet, then add the tomato mixture, and cook until it starts to separate.
- 4Add salt, chili powder, turmeric, cinnamon and cloves, cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- 5Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer.
- 6In a blender, process the cashews and cream to make a paste.
- 7Add the mixture in the skillet and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes.
- 8Cut paneer into small pieces, and add to the curry mixture, let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 9Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amit's Amazing Curry
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.5
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 1501.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: