Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend served this to me one evening and I just had to have the recipe! Posting it here for safekeeping.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place noodles into pot of salted boiling water. Cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook meat, onion, celery and garlic in a skillet until meat is thoroughly browned. Drain off grease.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray, and place 1/2 the noodles in bottom of dish. Cover with 1/2 the meat mixture, 1/2 of the tomatoes. 1/2 the soup, then 1/2 the cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This was really good. I added a little spice to it being the souther belle that I am. LOL. I cooked a little long and the cheese go hard, but that was my fault. Will do this again.