Recipe by yooper
An easy "down home" casserole made with the convienience of packaged foods!
Top Review by JohnsCutie
Perfection!I couldn't quit eating this. It was very easy to make and my family declared it a keeper after the first bite. I didn't need to cook it for 30 minutes-it was done after 20. The next time I may only use 12 ounces of pasta-it was a LOT of pasta on top of the beef. I may cover it with aluminum foil for at least part of the cooking time, some of my pasta started looking a little crisp. But yummmmmmmmmm..... I will DEFINATELY make this again soon! January 2008 I have made this many, many times since I first reviewed it. This dish is one I can go to when I am tired, short of time, and know it will turn out correctly every time. It is one of my family's favorites!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese (such as Kraft or Velveeta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with salt, pepper, brown sugar and onion.
- Add tomato soup.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Add cream of chicken soup.
- Layer ground beef mixture and noodle mixture in a 13x9-inch casserole with processed cheese between layers.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.