adapted from a Marcia Adams cookbook...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 large eggs
- 6 cups coarsely ground cooked ham (do in food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Drain pineapple, reserve the juice.
- 2Preheat oven to 375*.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, and drained pineapple.
- 4Coat a 10x10" baking pan with vegetable spray, pour in the pineapple and pat it out smoothly on the bottom of the pan.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- 6Stir in the ham, pineapple juice, bread crumbs, parsley, onions, mustard, ginger, curry powder and pepper.mix well.
- 7Spread the ham mixture over the pineapple, patting it firmly over the pineapple.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes.
- 9Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- 10To serve, invert onto a serving platter.
- 11If any of the pineapple mixture remains in the bottom of pan, pat it on the loaf and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Upside Down Ham Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.3
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 161.8 mg
- Sodium 232.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 29.3 g