Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
adapted from a Marcia Adams cookbook...
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 large eggs
- 6 cups coarsely ground cooked ham (do in food processor)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserve the juice.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, and drained pineapple.
- Coat a 10x10" baking pan with vegetable spray, pour in the pineapple and pat it out smoothly on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- Stir in the ham, pineapple juice, bread crumbs, parsley, onions, mustard, ginger, curry powder and pepper.mix well.
- Spread the ham mixture over the pineapple, patting it firmly over the pineapple.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- To serve, invert onto a serving platter.
- If any of the pineapple mixture remains in the bottom of pan, pat it on the loaf and serve immediately.
A really flavorful use for leftover ham, great combination of seasonings. My ham was very lean and I really did not expect this to hold together, but it came out perfectly. Used an 11x7 pan with good results. Thanks, grandma2969, for sharing your recipe!