Recipe by keen5
Very good recipe! I never had mashed turnips before, but I loved them. Servings are approximate. I can't really remember how many servings I got out of it.
Top Review by TGIF Girl Friday
OMG. I have never had turnips in my life and made this for our Thanksgiving this year. This dish was out of this world! My 11 year old said he would rather have this than mashed potatoes and I think we all agree. Thanks so very much for posting! OUTSTANDING!!!
- 2 cups cooked turnips
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oleo or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook turnips until tender.
- Drain, mash and then add 1/2 cup bread crumbs, saving rest for top.
- Add egg, sugar, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together; pour into greased baking dish.
- Dot with butter and rest of crumbs.
- Bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees.