3 hrs 10 mins
My dh's Amish mother raised him on this recipe. He MUCH prefers it over store-bought ketchup. It was a taste I had to acquire, but now my ds's also prefer this type of ketchup. Enjoy!
My Private Note
or more ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients& boil for 2 1/2 hours, or until thick.
- 2Pour into jars.
- 3(no need to heat filled jars).
- 4I use'old' glass ketchup bottles.
- 5It is not necessary for these to'seal.
- 6'My Amish mother-in-law has been making this her entire life, and has never used a'sealed' jar for this recipe, and it's always been great!
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Amish" tomato ketchup, for canning
Serving Size: 1 (2506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 558.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 84.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: